Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Long Quanzheng <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/20 01:56:13 UTC

Error of "You have to be logged in and not anonymous to perform this request"

Hi
I can't do any actions even with the superuser "cassandra".

cassandra@cqlsh> list roles;
Unauthorized: Error from server: code=2100 [Unauthorized] message="You have
to be logged in and not anonymous to perform this request"

cassandra@cqlsh> CREATE USER dba WITH PASSWORD 'bacon' SUPERUSER;
Unauthorized: Error from server: code=2100 [Unauthorized] message="Only
superusers can create a role with superuser status"

cassandra.yaml is configed as:

authenticator: AllowAllAuthenticator

Re: Error of "You have to be logged in and not anonymous to perform this request"

Posted by Long Quanzheng <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.
Good to know that. But that's a little confusing for first time using
Cassandra.

Posted by Max Campos <mc...@core43.com>.

http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/security.html#authentication <http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/security.html#authentication>