Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "Eng.Carlos Menengrone" <ca...@im.cti.br> on 1999/07/21 22:25:38 UTC

os-solaris/4748: ftp files by HTTP is slow without any errors

>Number:         4748
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       ftp files by HTTP is slow without any errors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I compiled the Apache server with GNU without error, the WU-FTP server the same
I am put alias in DNS www.domain for HTTP server and ftp.domain for FTP server
Outside de domain when you put in the browser ftp.domain the banners and mensages
is received fast but the list of files you need to wait a long time to receive
(minutes). In DOS window no have problem, the files is received fast.
Only in Browsers (netscape4.6 or Explorer5) have problem (in anonymous and real
users is the same). I believe that problem
is the communication these two servers. You can try in your location
with ftp.im.cti.br, you can see the banners and messages is fast but the files
you wait a long time, no errors is reported or sent to root or console of machines.

Best regards
>How-To-Repeat:
Just try in any Browser ftp.im.cti.br and try again in DOS window, you see the
problem.
>Fix:
Good Question!!
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]