Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Joe Gullo <su...@surfrock66.com> on 2021/02/12 00:59:40 UTC

Alerting user to administrative viewer on session?

I work for a company with a strong union and there have been issues in the
past about investigations and employee consent to forms of monitoring.
With guacamole, it works wonderfully and as a support tool, I can log in,
go to settings, see active sessions, and jump in on a user's session for
support.  In general this works perfectly, however a user voiced concern
that they received no notification that someone was also on their session.

I have read through the docs and don't see any way to enable any form of
notification.  Is there a way, and if not, could it be?  Maybe a small
overlay like the one displayed at the bottom when the connection quality is
poor?  I don't want to get in a situation where users raise this as an
issue and I don't have an answer.  Thank you for everything you do!

Joe Gullo
Sysadmin, Web Designer, Artist
http://www.surfrock66.com
surfrock66@surfrock66.com
(714)926-0336

Re: Alerting user to administrative viewer on session?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 8:00 PM Joe Gullo <su...@surfrock66.com> wrote:

> I work for a company with a strong union and there have been issues in the
> past about investigations and employee consent to forms of monitoring.
> With guacamole, it works wonderfully and as a support tool, I can log in,
> go to settings, see active sessions, and jump in on a user's session for
> support.  In general this works perfectly, however a user voiced concern
> that they received no notification that someone was also on their session.
>
> I have read through the docs and don't see any way to enable any form of
> notification.  Is there a way, and if not, could it be?  Maybe a small
> overlay like the one displayed at the bottom when the connection quality is
> poor?  I don't want to get in a situation where users raise this as an
> issue and I don't have an answer.  Thank you for everything you do!

Currently this is not implemented, but I would be in favor of such a
modification - if not be default, then configurable. I don't think there's
a JIRA issue for this, yet - could you put in a feature request?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE

-Nick