Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason Perry <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/03 23:58:05 UTC

Maven release plugin forking maven

Hi,

I am using the maven release plugin in teamcity and when I call the release:perform it fails because the teamcity maven plugin contains mvn but not with an executable bit thus causing the perform to fail because of permission problems.  The workaround was to go on the box and set the executable bit with chmod but this is only temporary.  I could also set my M2_HOME to something outside of teamcity but that isn't ideal.  Anybody out there run into a similar issue.  Is there a way to prevent the forking of a new maven process?  Here is the failure:

[15:20:41]: [INFO] Executing goals 'deploy'...
[15:20:41]: [INFO] /bin/sh: /opt/packages/teamcity/plugins/maven/bin/mvn: Permission denied

Thanks,
    -- Jay

Re: Maven release plugin forking maven

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
Or configure Team City to use a standard/normal maven install.  This is
changeable on a per-project basis, but you can also set it as a
default/template I believe.

I do that so I can have an secondary build profile using maven 3.

--
Pull me down under...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> it fails because the teamcity maven plugin contains mvn but not with an executable bit
> thus causing the perform to fail because of permission problems.  The workaround was

Why are you complaining about a problem you know is *entirely* the
fault of Teamcity to the Maven Users list? Talk to Teamcity and get
them to fix the real problem.

Wayne