Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Darshit Patel <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/24 04:22:22 UTC

How to run openmeeting on RTMPS with nginx in frontend

Hi,

I have deployed openmeeting(4.0.4) on a Linux server, having nginx in
frontend which redirects all https requests to openmeeting instance running
on localhost. On server, I want to keep open port number 443 only(all other
ports will be close), but if I do that audio is not working.

I look into openmeeting documentation to setup RTMPS tunneling. I have set
following flash settings from openmeeting admin panel and close port 1935
but still audio is not working.

     flash.secure = true
     flash.secure.proxy = none

Default port for RTMPS is 8443. This port will be close on server, so
should I change it to 443 or any other settings are required in nginx
configuration which handle request and redirect to respective port on
localhost.

Any suggestion to make thing works are appreciated.

Thanks,
Darshit

RE: How to run openmeeting on RTMPS with nginx in frontend

Posted by "Coscend@OM" <OM...@Coscend.com>.
I missed an IF in the sentence below.

Following scenario:  In Darshit's case, IF it is Nginx https + OM http.

Posted by Darshit Patel <da...@gmail.com>.
Dear Christian,

As per my understanding SSL certificate is required for frontend
nginx/Apache webserver.
If we use RTMPS then we have to deal with keystone and truststore, right?

What if I use simple RTMP which tunnel through https, which settings should
I have to change for that?

And another query, is there any settings I have to add in nginx
configuration to pass rtmp request to openmeeting?

Posted by Christian Wolf <ch...@wolf-stuttgart.net>.
Dear Hemant,

> In Darshit's case, [if] it is Nginx https + OM http.  In such a case, the SSL will be terminated at Nginx.  Only HTTP requests will be sent to Tomcat.

This is exactly correct. This is independent of nginx. Could also be
apache, lighttpd, haproxy or any other reverse proxy with SSL capabilities.

> In addition to Admin ->Config (flash.secure = true, flash.secure.proxy = none), does Darshit have to do the following:
>
> 1. red5/conf/jee-container.xml:  UNComment Tomcat with SSL enabled section

Red5/Openmeetings uses two different ports to communicate with the user.
One is for HTML content (HTTP(S)) and the other for media (RTMP(T/S)).
By uncommenting you only make tomcat listen on the RTMPS socket.

> 2. deal with keystore and truststore?

I had the following problems, that in the stock installation of
Archlinux AUR package:

1. The password of the truststore was wrong. I do not know it. I just
recreated the truststore from the keystore after the keystore was set-up
correctly.

2. I had to add my keys + certificate chain to the keystore.

I hop this helps you with your setup
Cheers
Christian

RE: How to run openmeeting on RTMPS with nginx in frontend

you need to enable the RTMPS in <openmeetings>/conf/jee-container.xml.
It is there already but commented out.

Also make sure that the keystore and truststore are correctly labeled (I had problems with them in the default configuration) and have the correct passwords.

Cheers
Christian

Am 24.07.2018 um 06:22 schrieb Darshit Patel:
> Hi,
>
> I have deployed openmeeting(4.0.4) on a Linux server, having nginx in
> frontend which redirects all https requests to openmeeting instance
> running on localhost. On server, I want to keep open port number 443
> only(all other ports will be close), but if I do that audio is not working.
>
> I look into openmeeting documentation to setup RTMPS tunneling. I have
> set following flash settings from openmeeting admin panel and close
> port
> 1935 but still audio is not working.
>
>       flash.secure = true
>       flash.secure.proxy = none
>
> Default port for RTMPS is 8443. This port will be close on server, so
> should I change it to 443 or any other settings are required in nginx
> configuration which handle request and redirect to respective port on
> localhost.
>
> Any suggestion to make thing works are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Darshit

---
https://www.avg.com

Re: How to run openmeeting on RTMPS with nginx in frontend

Posted by Christian Wolf <ch...@wolf-stuttgart.net>.
Dear Darshit,