Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by lfhc <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/18 13:21:11 UTC

Image treatment

Hi,
I needed to have some image treatment done, and I've been looking through
ImageReader. Yet, my assumption is that this module only gets images from a
filesystem, and I needed to get them through an http source.

For example, I have a content source for news, that gives me an url for the
images uploaded. With that content source, I want to build html pages, but
that image url cannot be the original one, but one from cocoon, and, if
possible, have some resizing done.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Luis Carvalho.

Re: Image treatment

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
lfhc pisze:
> Hi,
> what I'm trying to do is to transform this :
>
> <xml ...
>
> <image>http://sourceurl/path/image.jpg</image>

> http://cocoonurl/image.jpg  where this image is resized.

You need something like this:
<map:match pattern="images/**"
   <map:read type="image-op-scale" src="cached:http://sourceurl/{1}?cocoon:cache-expires=60&cocoon:cache-name=cached-images"/>
</map:match>

This way you will get proxy-like behaviour thanks to Cocoon's cached: protocol thus avoiding re-downloading original images again and again.

For description of cached source, take a look at:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/CachingSource.html

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

RE: Image treatment