Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com> on 2012/08/30 03:15:10 UTC

custom head component

Hi Folks,

In T4 I use to operate a custom head component. And I instrumented the stylesheet and injected special style sheet stuff that I grabbed out of my database that characterizes things programmatically as configured (ie. custom header image for top frame).

    jwcid="headComponent@custom:CustomHead"
    title="ognl:layout.title"
    stylesheet="ognl:assets.stylesheet"    >

            component="ognl:layout"
        />

Are there any thoughts as to how this would pan out for T5?
What new components might be available default or commercial.
or any ideas to customize?

Hoping for a magic bullet.

thanks in advance

Re: custom head component

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 22:15:10 -0300, Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,

Hi, Ken! It's been years since we've heard from you in this mailing list.
Welcome back! :)

> In T4 I use to operate a custom head component. And I instrumented the
> stylesheet and injected special style sheet stuff that I grabbed out of
> my database that characterizes things programmatically as configured
> (ie. custom header image for top frame).

>     jwcid="headComponent@custom:CustomHead"
>     title="ognl:layout.title"
>     stylesheet="ognl:assets.stylesheet"    >

> script="/org/trails/demo/components/CustomHead.script"
>             component="ognl:layout"
>         />
>
> Are there any thoughts as to how this would pan out for T5?

Forget about the head component. There's nothing similar in T5 because
it's not needed. Just think of a layout component (in T4 terminology, the
border component).

Including JavaScript and CSS files to pages and components dynamically is
done using JavaScriptSupport methods. If you want to return non-HTML
content in a page, return a StreamResponse wrapping this content in the
onActivate() method of a page or in an event handler method of a page,
component or mixin.

> What new components might be available default or commercial.
> or any ideas to customize?

I don't understand your question.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

RE: custom head component

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
Thanks Thiago... and for the javaloyal friendly welcome.

I did a CustomHead component... and it reaches into my database and overrides themes modeled in CSS appropriately as desired... so I can soup up my model object to whatever I like and my web site model gets persisted to relaunch the way I like it... or the way any user would like their;s.

I did it for general header, footer, content and splash.

Guess I am back in the saddle... again

Best Regards and thanks
Ken
kcolassi@live.com