Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stéphane Nicoll <St...@bsb.com> on 2004/11/03 17:32:24 UTC

deploy custom artifact's type

Hello list,

We are using the listfoot compare tool to compare changed files between two releases. Is there an easy way to deploy custom arfiacts in maven (I am thinking about the CSV file generated by listfoot).

Typically, I would have a dependency on the previously CSV file to compare it with the current one. Is there something about this in the deploy/artifact plugin?

Thanks,

Stéphane

Stéphane Nicoll
Business Solutions Builders
Place de l'Université 25/10
B-1348 Louvain-La-Neuve

Re: deploy custom artifact's type

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
you can use the tags in the artifact plugin to deploy artifacts. It
only gets tricky if extension != type.

eg:
<project xmlns:artifact="artifact">
<goal name="my-deploy">
<artifact:deploy artifact="target/foo.csv" type="csv" project="${pom}" />
  </goal>
</project>

See plugin.jelly from the JAR plugin for an example. If you need
extension != type, look at the dist plugin source.

HTH,
Brett

Posted by Eric Giguere <er...@videotron.ca>.
Hi Stéphane