Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Sujit Jagdev <Su...@casero.com> on 2004/09/27 03:02:19 UTC

RE: Memory Management JCS Local cache

Dear All,

I am VERY VERY new to JCS.
I have incorporated it into my web app, but I cant seem to stop its memory footprint from growing.
I have the following lines to my cache.ccf file but to no avail.

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

# sets the default aux value for any non configured caches
jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=500
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=360
jcs.default.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=15
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=60
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

I ONLY want to use JCS as a local cache for the forseeable future.
I do see it removing objects where the maxidletime has beedn reached.
But what I what is that it reaches a set max limit and stop growing from then on.
It is a very busy web server. about 50 tcp/ip connections inbound a sec during peak times.
PLEASE HELP!
I am also attaching my cache.ccf, as I am afraid I have done something silly.
Thanks
Sujit