Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Balakrishna Kudaravalli <bk...@cisco.com> on 2003/06/13 18:13:09 UTC

Dumb Tomcat question

A dumb question:

I need to run 2 instances on Tomcat 4.1.24 on one unix physical host. Could
you pl. let me know

1) What are the environment variables that need to be set for both the
instances ?  - CATALINA_HOME , PATH & CLASSPATH
2) Can I set CATALINA_HOME for both instances ? -- how would this work

Thanks for your info.

-Bala

RE: Dumb Tomcat question

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
just install them in two different locations

/usr/local/tomcat
/usr/local/tomcat2

then on tomcat2/conf/server.xml change all the ports so that they don't
conflict with tomcat/conf/server.xml

then just start them up, that is all you need to do

Filip