Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by li...@ndsu.edu on 2006/08/29 04:47:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Creating user directories in Apache2

Hello! I'm new to Apache Web server and have a basic questions related to
the server administration. I just installed apache 2 and would like to
create a few user accounts and allow them have their own public_html
directories for web pages. I tried setting up the "userdir public_html" in
httpd-userdir.conf file, and also create a user folder
"C:\home\test\public_html". But when I typed
http://localhost:80/~test/index.html <http://localhost/~test/index.html> ,
it doesn't work. What did I do wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

RE: [users@httpd] Creating user directories in Apache2

Posted by Limin Zhang <li...@ndsu.edu>.
>Use one of the formats of UserDir where you explicitly specify the path:
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_userdir.html
>As in:
>UserDir c:/home/*/public_html
>
>Joshua

Its works - the path is the trick! Thanks so much! Have a great day :)

Re: [users@httpd] Creating user directories in Apache2

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.