Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Daniel Połaczański <dp...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/07 23:16:08 UTC

Hbase disaster recovery scenario

Hi,
I want to configure HBase in DR scenario. I create two separete clusters
and configure master-master replication. At the begining I use only PROD
cluster and in case of disaster of data center I want to switch client to
DR cluster.

Is client able to switch automatically from PROD to DR cluster? Is there
any mechanism which supports this kind of switching?

Or maybe client has to explicitly and manualy change "zookeeper.quorum"
from Prod to DR?
How do you solve this kind of problems?

Regards

Re: Hbase disaster recovery scenario

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
The built-in hbase client doesn't support failing over automatically to DR
cluster.

Switching "zookeeper.quorum" should be done on client side for failover.

Cheers