Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com> on 2003/05/13 18:32:46 UTC

why -> Unable to findVM Global library vm

I had this error awhile ago, researched it and found out:

----from a archive posting-----
It is normal if you did not create a 'VM_global_library.vm' file or are not
expecting velocity to find it. It is the default file that Velocity tries to
load velocimacros from. Things work fine if Velocity can't find it.
-------------------------------

I happily went along using Velocity in my projects and have been really
happy with it.  But this ERROR entry makes it ugly when I automatically
display error entries in the log file to the user after it runs.

My question is (providing the above excerpt is accurate) - if I am using
the program in the prescribed manner why would it generate an error
message?  Should this be an INFO level message?  It's not causing any
issues for me, but I just found it strange.

I know I could just make it go away by creating the library, but I am
half wondering why this is the way it is.

Anyway - thanks for a fantastic tool!  Its been great to me since I have
been using it.

RE: Why does this qualify as an error -> Unable to findVM Global library vm

Posted by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com>.
Thanks for the answer...  At least I am not off my rocker in thinking
that...

:)

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.

Posted by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com>.
I am reposting this question, as the title may have caused more
knowledgeable people to not read the contents, of which I assure you is
not why am I getting this error...

Thanks