Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pstein <px...@yahoo.ca> on 2009/06/19 23:09:34 UTC

For what are "Type" and "MessageGroup" entry fields?

Assume I started ActiveMQ and entered the "Queue" part of Admin browser
console.

Here the user can enter/send a JMS message.

Two of the fields are "Type" and "MessageGroup". For what are these entry
fields?

Assume I want to send an XML message (entered in the "MessageBody" field) to
a new queue AAA.
What do I have to enter here?

Peter

Re: For what are "Type" and "MessageGroup" entry fields?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:09 PM, pstein<px...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Assume I started ActiveMQ and entered the "Queue" part of Admin browser
> console.
>
> Here the user can enter/send a JMS message.
>
> Two of the fields are "Type" and "MessageGroup". For what are these entry
> fields?
>
> Assume I want to send an XML message (entered in the "MessageBody" field) to
> a new queue AAA.
> What do I have to enter here?

Here's some info on message groups:

http://activemq.apache.org/message-groups.html

IIRC, the type refers to the JMS message property whose name is
JMSType. This property is not required and is actually used very
rarely. It's used to semantically identify the message type.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder