Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2004/11/06 21:06:06 UTC

Releasing 2.1.6

Hi there!

It seems that the 2.1.6 release is over time, so we should try to
release it asap. Afaik there are no showstoppers that prevent us.

Now, for a release we should at least assure that the following
things are done:
- all junit test cases succeed
- all anteater tests succeed

It would be great if we could also finish the merging between trunk
and the 2.1.x branch (and correct the status.xml files); but not doing
so shouldn't prevent us from releasing.

I propose the following release dates:
- I will put up a release candidate on a public place (like we suggested
last time) either next thursday or friday - this starts the code freeze.
- If nothing goes wrong, I will release 2.1.6 one week later either on
thursday or friday.

If we can't meet these dates, we will either wait for the release until
the 15th of December or someone else than me has to do the release (which
is of course fine for me as well).

Thoughts? Comments? Presents?
Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler