Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2010/07/27 05:16:35 UTC

Create Release from 10.04 release branch

Hi,
Ofbiz release branch 10.04 has been around for quite sometime now. It seems to be quite stable. Is there enough interest in community for creating a official release?

Other option might be, we discard 10.04 and create new release branch, may be 10.07?

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc
Find us on the web at www.hotwaxmedia.com or Google Keyword "ofbiz"

Re: Create Release from 10.04 release branch

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
On 07/29/2010 01:53 AM, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> I guess the basic questions might be: Did we have an official "freeze"
> process where we only accepted bug fixes against that branch? Do we have
> any open bugs that are considered "release critical"?

I agree.  At least *all* bugs should be looked at, and given a target
release tag, etc.  Time for some bug triage.  I don't think there has
been a concerted effort like that in like, forever.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:53 AM, Ean Schuessler wrote:

> I guess the basic questions might be: Did we have an official "freeze" process where we only accepted bug fixes against that branch?

Yes.

> Do we have any open bugs that are considered "release critical"?

No.

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
IMO the current convention is fine. The thing to keep in mind is that the year.month is for the release branch, ie when it branched from the trunk and IMO it should always stay that way. Having sub-versions over time for bug-fix binary releases should work just fine with another dot and a number representing the sequence index.

Still, I'm also of the opinion that we should not have more than one release branch per year, and that the month could be eliminated. I know there are many who would like to see more frequent release branches, so just in case that happens it might as well stay as is for now.

-David

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks Adrian.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
--- On Mon, 7/26/10, Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:
> On 27/07/2010, at 4:17 PM, Adrian
> Crum wrote:
>
> > I still need to backport some fixes to the branch.
>
> I don't think it would happen instantly, we'd still need to
> vote, prepare press releases etc.  but it would be good
> to get the formal release up on everyones radar.
>
> > I would like to remove the conversion framework from
> the entity engine - for the same reason I did it in the
> trunk. I would just remove the conversion code in the branch
> and I would not include the new JdbcValueHandler code.
>
> So you'd restore the conditionals that were there
> previously right?

Right. I will just remove the code that was inserted in SqlJdbcUtil.java.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.