Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Michael McCutcheon <mi...@frontiernet.net> on 2006/09/10 21:02:07 UTC

How to see SQL as it is executing?

When using the derby network server (or embedded for that matter), is
there any way to see the SQL that is executing?

Can I turn on some property and see the SQL's the database is running?

You can do this with toplink, but I want to know if there is anything
at the derby level that can do this.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: How to see SQL as it is executing?

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> Michael McCutcheon wrote:
>>> Can I turn on some property and see the SQL's the database is running?
>
> See if this helps:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/rtunproper43517.html
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan
The Hints and Tips section of the Derby Wiki has a writeup that
introduces the format of the entries logged when logStatementText is
enabled.  It might be helpful:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/LogStamentTextMsgs

Re: How to see SQL as it is executing?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.

Posted by Michael McCutcheon <mi...@frontiernet.net>.
What I mean is can derby spew the SQL it is executing to the console?