Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Franosch, Heike" <fr...@bms.de> on 2002/01/09 19:25:56 UTC

Invalid Page Type

Hi,

I created a collection via command line tools and try to insert a document
from my programm.
And I don't know why, but I am getting this error:

org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeCorruptException: Invalid Page Type In
findValue
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTree$BTreeNode.findValue(BTree.java:741)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTree.findValue(BTree.java:210)
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler.readRecord(BTreeFiler.java:129)
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.getDocument(Collection.java:714)
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.putDocument(Collection.java:624)
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.insertDocument(Collection.java:659)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.CollectionServant.insertDocument(CollectionS
ervant.java:318)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.CollectionPOA._invoke(CollectionPOA.java:
181)
        at org.openorb.adapter.poa.POA.dispatch(POA.java:975)
        at
org.openorb.net.AbstractServerRequest.dispatch(AbstractServerManagerImpl.jav
a:1557)

It is a clean collection. Recreating it does not solve it. I have not
explicitly created a collection indexer.
Does it matter?
I have latest cvs source, and I am getting this error on Solaris 2.7 and jdk
1.3.0

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks, Heike

Re: Invalid Page Type

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Wednesday, January 9, 2002, at 11:25 AM, Franosch, Heike wrote:
> org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeCorruptException: Invalid Page Type
> In
> findValue
>
> It is a clean collection. Recreating it does not solve it. I have not
> explicitly created a collection indexer.
> Does it matter?
> I have latest cvs source, and I am getting this error on Solaris 2.7
> and jdk
> 1.3.0

Invalid Page Type is an indication of file corruption.  Typically,
physically deleting the collection files (*.tbl) and regenerating them
will fix this, so I'm not sure what may be wrong.  I won't be able to
reproduce this on Solaris until I get home from the office today.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Developer - Apache Xindice (Native XML Database)