Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Tom Burton-West <tb...@umich.edu> on 2015/03/05 18:49:32 UTC

Re: Optimize maxSegments="2" not working right with Solr 4.10.2

Hello all,

We are continuing to see inconsistent behavior with <optimize
maxSegments="2"/>
Out of 12 shards one  or two of them end up with more than 2 segments at
the finish of the optimize command. (and we see no errors in the logs)  So
far we have found no consistent pattern in which of the shards end up with
more than two segments.

I've opened a ticket:  Solr-7175 and attached some sample indexwriter logs
and our solrconfig.xml file.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.

Tom