Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by "Olano, Ever" <oe...@cybersource.com> on 2006/02/02 00:03:32 UTC

Questions for Axis client users

Hello.  If you are using Axis for your WS *client*, then this question
is for you.  Sorry.  It doesn't really relate to WSS4J but I imagine
many of you here are using Axis.

There is a thread on the Axis mailing list discussing whether or not the
stub object is thread-safe.  And I believe the answer is no.  But the
latter part of the thread seems to say that even the Locator object is
not safe, i.e. you're either supposed to create a Locator object for
each request or synchronize the calls to its methods, too.  If you are
on the Axis mailing list, too, please correct me if my understanding is
incorrect.

How do most people use the Locator and stub objects?  Do you create just
one instance of the Locator object and create a stub for each request?
Or do you create a Locator and a stub for each request?  How has it been
doing so far?

Thanks.  I'd appreciate any inputs.

Ever