Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/20 14:20:52 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Alter svn layout for plugins

L.S.,

The only part of ServiceMix that's not yet available using git (via
http://git.apache.org/) are our maven plugins (i.e. the repository
exists but nothing ever got mirrored over to that repository).  Before
I ping infra@ to have a look at it, I would like to propose to alter
the SVN layout for those projects.

We currently have separate trunk/branches/tags for every plugin (e.g.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/maven-plugins/jbi-maven-plugin/)
with some svn:externals definitions to allow checking all the plugins
from the maven-plugins-pom project.  If we slightly modify this layout
to resemble that of the bundles project (with a single
trunk/tags/branches for all the bundles), we would have a layout
that's a lot more convenient to work with once you use git-svn and
which still works fine with svn and Maven's release plugin.

Wdyt?

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: [PROPOSAL] Alter svn layout for plugins

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Finished moving things around in SVN and raised
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3730 to get the git
repository re-initialized.
The CI build at https://builds.apache.org/job/ServiceMix-Plugins/ has
been updated with the new configuration as well.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Willem,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1,
It could be great if we can use git svn to manage the codes on the svn
repository.

On 6/20/11 8:20 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> The only part of ServiceMix that's not yet available using git (via
> http://git.apache.org/) are our maven plugins (i.e. the repository
> exists but nothing ever got mirrored over to that repository).  Before
> I ping infra@ to have a look at it, I would like to propose to alter
> the SVN layout for those projects.
>
> We currently have separate trunk/branches/tags for every plugin (e.g.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/maven-plugins/jbi-maven-plugin/)
> with some svn:externals definitions to allow checking all the plugins
> from the maven-plugins-pom project.  If we slightly modify this layout
> to resemble that of the bundles project (with a single
> trunk/tags/branches for all the bundles), we would have a layout
> that's a lot more convenient to work with once you use git-svn and
> which still works fine with svn and Maven's release plugin.
>

> Wdyt?
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
          http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: [PROPOSAL] Alter svn layout for plugins

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman
On 2011-6-20, at 下午8:20, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>

> The only part of ServiceMix that's not yet available using git (via
> http://git.apache.org/) are our maven plugins (i.e. the repository
> exists but nothing ever got mirrored over to that repository).  Before
> I ping infra@ to have a look at it, I would like to propose to alter
> the SVN layout for those projects.
>
> We currently have separate trunk/branches/tags for every plugin (e.g.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/maven-plugins/jbi-maven-plugin/)
> with some svn:externals definitions to allow checking all the plugins
> from the maven-plugins-pom project.  If we slightly modify this layout
> to resemble that of the bundles project (with a single
> trunk/tags/branches for all the bundles), we would have a layout
> that's a lot more convenient to work with once you use git-svn and
> which still works fine with svn and Maven's release plugin.
>

> Wdyt?
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com

Re: [PROPOSAL] Alter svn layout for plugins

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.
+1

Regards
JB