Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com> on 2010/02/09 14:21:01 UTC

Changing Message.REQUEST_URI and Message.HTTP_REQUEST_METHOD values

Hi

I'd like to update the values of Message.REQUEST_URI and Message.HTTP_REQUEST_METHOD from
"org.apache.cxf.message.Message.REQUEST_URI" and "org.apache.cxf.message.Message.HTTP_REQUEST_METHOD" to

"org.apache.cxf.request.uri" and "org.apache.cxf.request.method" respectively.

I do not see any issues this minor refactoring might cause given that CXF code does not inline these properties given they're transient and it uses Message.REQUEST_URI and Message.HTTP_REQUEST_METHOD but not the explicit values...

I'd like to ensure CXF JAXRS non-HTTP consumers can get additional headers set if needed and say "org.apache.cxf.request.method" is better than "org.apache.cxf.message.Message.HTTP_REQUEST_METHOD"

Thoughts ?

cheers, Sergey