Posted to users@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/22 19:48:52 UTC

[FlexJS] FlexJS talk at HTML5 Dev Conf

Yesterday, I gave a talk on FlexJS at the HTML5 Dev Conf at San Francisco
[1].  HTML5Devconf, in their own words, is the largest gathering of
technical software developers, designers and decision makers in the world
focused on Internet software technologies such as JavaScript, HTML5, CSS,
node.js and other cross platform web, mobile and server technologies.

In my talk, I gave an overview of FlexJS including the motivations, goals
and the architectural design decisions behind it.  I also showed three
demos (Stock Quote, Google Maps and Charts) along with their respective
code walkthroughs.  The demos highlighted various features of FlexJS
including Data Binding, States, WebServices, UI Components, Third party
library integration, the Graphics APIs, the concept of Strands and Beads,
rendering fidelity between the Flash and HTML/JS versions, etc.  The Charts
demo worked quite well on my iPad as well!

Overall, I thought the talk was well received.  I believe that introducing
FlexJS to this group of developers will have a significant impact on its
adoption.  I have shared the slides from my presentation here [2][3]
Please share and retweet.  Also, feel free to use this presentation in your
own talks in the future.

Post your comments/thoughts here on this list.  If you know of any other
similar conferences, please post details.

Thanks,
Om

[1] http://html5devconf.com/index.html
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/bigosmallm/flexjs-an-introduction
[3] https://twitter.com/bigosmallm/status/524685835442978816

Re: [FlexJS] FlexJS talk at HTML5 Dev Conf

Posted by Pedro Serralha <pe...@elegedata.com>.
Big thx ;)
No dia 23 de Out de 2014 18:40, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com>

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Serralha <pe...@elegedata.com>.
Hi OmPrakash

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
Awesome. This is just the thing we need to get the word out.

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.
Congrats Om,

I've done the same with it  :)
______________________
Jose Barragan
Senior Software Engineer
Codeoscopic
+34 912 94 80 80
http://www.codeoscopic.com

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Congrats Om,

I'll be spreading the word by twitter and other networks :)

Best,

Carlos

> Thanks, Om, for sharing the slides and presenting FlexJS. Sounds like you
> did a great job.
>
> Peter Ent
> Adobe Systems
>
> On 10/22/14 1:48 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Yesterday, I gave a talk on FlexJS at the HTML5 Dev Conf at San Francisco
> >[1].  HTML5Devconf, in their own words, is the largest gathering of
> >technical software developers, designers and decision makers in the world
> >focused on Internet software technologies such as JavaScript, HTML5, CSS,
> >node.js and other cross platform web, mobile and server technologies.
> >
> >In my talk, I gave an overview of FlexJS including the motivations, goals
> >and the architectural design decisions behind it.  I also showed three
> >demos (Stock Quote, Google Maps and Charts) along with their respective
> >code walkthroughs.  The demos highlighted various features of FlexJS
> >including Data Binding, States, WebServices, UI Components, Third party
> >library integration, the Graphics APIs, the concept of Strands and Beads,
> >rendering fidelity between the Flash and HTML/JS versions, etc.  The
> >Charts
> >demo worked quite well on my iPad as well!
> >
> >Overall, I thought the talk was well received.  I believe that introducing
> >FlexJS to this group of developers will have a significant impact on its
> >adoption.  I have shared the slides from my presentation here [2][3]
> >Please share and retweet.  Also, feel free to use this presentation in
> >your
> >own talks in the future.
> >
> >Post your comments/thoughts here on this list.  If you know of any other
> >similar conferences, please post details.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Om
> >
> >[1] http://html5devconf.com/index.html
> >[2] http://www.slideshare.net/bigosmallm/flexjs-an-introduction
> >[3] https://twitter.com/bigosmallm/status/524685835442978816

--
Carlos Rovira
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: [FlexJS] FlexJS talk at HTML5 Dev Conf

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Congrats Om,

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/26/14, 8:45 AM, "pkumar.flex" <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i have checked the slides, these are impressive. I am a regular follower
>of
>FlexJS update and also checked most of the demos. But recently i saw one
>update as FlexJS0.0.2(woth JBurg). could  you please provide more details
>on
>it?
The regular FlexJS 0.0.2 option in the Installer started failing for
nearly everybody due to a change in how SourceForge responds to Installer
requests for downloads.  The (with Jburg) option bundles Jburg in the
FlexJS download.  This will probably go away after we fix the way the
Installer talks to SourceForge or SourceForge fixes its response.

But functionally, they are the same.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] FlexJS talk at HTML5 Dev Conf

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Awesome stuff!
>
> Is there a recording of the talk? I’d love to watch.

There were recordings.  I think it will be a few days before they are
processed and shared out.  I will post in this thread when the videos come
out.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.