Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2001/08/06 22:35:25 UTC

Axis IRC chat reminder - NOTE NEW TIME!!!

Tomorrow, Tuesday August 7th, at 10AM Pacific, 1PM Eastern, etc...  THIS IS
ONE HOUR LATER THAN IT HAS BEEN UP UNTIL NOW!!

DALNet (irc.dal.net), channel #ApacheAxis.  The "official" chat should last
about one hour, though the standard caveat applies that there are some of us
hanging out on #ApacheAxis most of the time.

Please look over the current state of the package if you get a chance before
then (including the docs), since I believe we may be able to package up the
alpha release immediately following the chat if all seems in order.

Hope to see you there!

Glen Daniels
Macromedia
http://www.macromedia.com/
                                Building cool stuff for web developers

Re: Axis IRC chat reminder - NOTE NEW TIME!!!

Posted by Jonathan Cobb <jo...@covalent.net>.
Glen Daniels wrote:

>Please look over the current state of the package if you get a chance before
>then (including the docs), since I believe we may be able to package up the
>alpha release immediately following the chat if all seems in order.

Nice to have: Some more documentation on writing custom type mappers and
what kinds of situations require them.

Also, it seems (from the code examples anyway) that to use a custom type
mapper you have to programmatically register it with the
TypeMappingRegistry retrieved from the SerializationContext (which in
turn is pulled from the MessageContext).  Is there any way to
declaratively register type mappings (perhaps through WSDD or some other
configuration file) ?

In this declarative model, any parameters whose types match one of the
declared mappings would be automatically serialized/deserialized by
Axis.  The only problem I can see here is if you wanted to have (for
some crazy reason) multiple type mappings for the same type, and at
runtime pick which one to use based on various runtime circumstances.

Any ideas?  Or am I missing something and all this has already been
done?  :)

Thanks,

  - jonathan.