Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michele Costabile <mi...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/11 14:07:01 UTC

Illegal mix of collations

I have this error in startup of slide 2.1b with MySql 4.1.3 beta

11 Aug 2004 13:54:28 - org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller - INFO
11 Aug 2004 13:54:29 -
org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.MySqlRDBMSAdapter - ERROR - SQL
error 1267 on /: General error,  message from server: "Illegal mix of
collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and
(latin1_swedish_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'substr_index'"

II do not live in Sweden (it's Italy), so I guess that collation
latin1_swedish_ci is there by default.
I installed MySql without setting any default. I tried MySql Control
Centre and the new Administrator, but did not find any obvious way to
alter the  default.
Any ideas on how to solve this?

--
Michele Costabile