Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/05/30 08:19:44 UTC

Encoding Forboding

The encoding fix is in the HEAD CVS.  Thanks to Michael and Ilkka for
all the help.  I am pretty convinced all is well, but it would be great
if people could try it - and everyone, because the changes do affect
everyone, not just people with non-ISO-8859 encodings.

After we play with it a bit, we should decide on if we want to include
in 1.1  I think it's ok - I have bamboozled myself into believing it's
safe :)  However, I thought the last one was ok, so...

There are two other changes I will roll into 1.1 - some small fixes to
the && and || nodes as well as the fix to ensure that EventCartridges
work with chained contexts.  Once we decide on the encoding change, we
can roll a 1.1-rc2, and then release it soon after assuming all is well.

geir

System and Software Consulting
"still climbing up to the shoulders..."