Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nguyen Dao <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/11 20:46:20 UTC

ThreadGroup and User Login Account

Hi everyone,

I need to load test a JSF application with 500 users, and need your
tips/recommendations on how to go about doing that.  Please help!

*MY CURRENT TEST PLAN:*
**
ThreadGroup1 (100 threads)
-- Search for a record of type # 1
-- Switching between different views
-- Logout

ThreadGroup2 (100 threads)
-- Search for a record of type # 2
-- Switching between different views
-- Logout

ThreadGroup3 (100 threads)
-- Search for a record of type # 1
-- Switching between different views
-- Logout

ThreadGroup4 (100 threads)
-- Search for a record of type # 1
-- Switching between different views
-- Logout

ThreadGroup5 (100 threads)
-- Search for a record of type # 1
-- Switching between different views
-- Logout

 *QUESTIONS:*
**
(1) How to configure each thread to use a unique test login account?  The
application does not allow one login account to have two concurrent
logged-on sessions.  For example, if thread # 1 of ThreadGroup1 logs on
using testuser1, then thread # 2 of ThreadGroup1 must use something else,
otherwise the session for thread # will be expired/destroyed requiring a
logging in again.

(2) What is a popular practice for load testing many users?  Creating 500
test login accounts sounds a bit overkill.

Thank you,
Nguyen Dao
mr.nguyendao@gmail.com

Re: ThreadGroup and User Login Account

Posted by Nguyen Dao <mr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.  User Parameters Pre Processor works for getting each thread a
unique user login.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.