Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@rededc.com.br> on 2002/03/26 15:31:45 UTC

Problems with optionsCollection tag and Weblogic 6.1

	Hello there,

	I've started to use Struts 1.1, and one of the things I was testing was
the "html:optionsCollection" tag, to replace one we coded here (based on
html:options) that did the same thing.

	Everything worked fine when testing in Tomcat, but when running our JSPs
in Weblogic (6.1 sp1) something reeeeealy strange happens.

	The first time the tag is called, it works fine. But if you call it a
second time in the same page, it fails with an exception:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean null in scope null
    at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:692)
    at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.OptionsCollectionTag.doStartTag(OptionsCollectionTag.java:217)

	I have a page with 4 calls to this tag, and it always fails in the second
call. If I comment the 1st one, then it will fail on the 3rd (and the
one that previously caused the exception will render fine).

	I've taken a look at the tag code, and it does not seem to have anything
unusual, so I think this is an issue with Weblogic.

	Has anyone seen this behaviour, and has some idea of a workaround?

	(We're struggling to install sp2 now, maybe when we manage to install it
this bug may be fixed, who knows...)

--
[]'s
Marcelo Vanzin