Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Rikki Bindra <ri...@tcs.com> on 2008/02/27 12:03:49 UTC

Undefined Column Name Exception in Implicit Map

Hi,

I am using the jt400.jar as the JDBC Driver for accessing data from DB2
database on AS400. The problem is that I want to use implicit resultmap
like

<select id="getProductCount" resultClass="java.util.HashMap">
select * from PRODUCT
</select>

However, the problem is that while populating the HashMap, I have noticed
that the class "com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.result.AutoResultMap"
uses method getColumnLabel() on ResultSetMetaData
My JDBC driver returns the label of the column (containing spaces and
which is different than the column name in database). Now the code fails
reporting the exception that "Invalid Column Name" has been specified. The
problem is in the class
"com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.result.AutoResultMap" as it should be
calling getColumnName() instead of getColumnLabel() on ResultSetMetaData
to get the names of the columns.

Please look this ASAP and confirm if changing the method call from
getColumnLabel() to getColumnName(), can affect in what manner.. I have
tried this and it works for me. However, I want to know the unknown
implications that it might have.

Thanks & Regards,
Rikki Bindra
Tata Consultancy Services
C - 56, Phase 2
Dist. Gautam Budh Nagar
Noida - 201305,Uttar Pradesh
India
Mailto: rikki.bindra@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Undefined Column Name Exception in Implicit Map

Posted by Daniel Solera <ds...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think that you have to indicate the type of data, like this
#cod_cia:VARCHAR#