Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Stephane Delort <St...@edag.de> on 2004/05/25 16:37:45 UTC

workflow and cforms in lenya

Hello,

I need to make a web based application to reorganize a workflow.
This is a basic one like this:

author <=> validator => output

The autor should actually complete forms, and if the content (text, images
and videos) is aprooved by the validator it is inserted in the DB.
(at least, the insert could be done before the validation with a field
"waiting to be validated")

I decided to do this with cocoon because it is  XML an JAVA based, could
work with a database, multi formats output compliant and moreover
opensource.
I saw the validation flow in Lenya and find it pretty.
So I would like to use Lenya to implement my workflow  but didn't find any
information over the net talking about Lenya, cforms and database (in this
way).

Do you (lenya power users) know whether this currently possible with lenya
or I should make my own way with cocoon ?
( without reinventing the wheel)

Thanks in advance,
Stephane

Re: workflow and cforms in lenya

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Stephane Delort wrote:

> The autor should actually complete forms, and if the content (text, images
> and videos) is aprooved by the validator it is inserted in the DB.
> (at least, the insert could be done before the validation with a field
> "waiting to be validated")

this should be doable with lenya

> I decided to do this with cocoon because it is  XML an JAVA based, could
> work with a database, multi formats output compliant and moreover
> opensource.
> I saw the validation flow in Lenya and find it pretty.
> So I would like to use Lenya to implement my workflow  but didn't find any
> information over the net talking about Lenya, cforms and database (in this
> way).

it is certainly possible. integration with cforms will take some work,
but will be highly worth it. rolf kulemann might have some ideas as he
has started to integrate cforms into lenya. as to databases, the same
issues as for cocoon apply (like choice of data access technology:
sqltransformer, actions, ojb etc)

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: workflow and cforms in lenya

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Stephane Delort wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to make a web based application to reorganize a workflow.
> This is a basic one like this:
>
> author <=> validator => output
>
> The autor should actually complete forms, and if the content (text, images
> and videos) is aprooved by the validator it is inserted in the DB.
> (at least, the insert could be done before the validation with a field
> "waiting to be validated")

The workflow aspect can easily be handled using the Lenya
workflow engine.

> I decided to do this with cocoon because it is  XML an JAVA based, could
> work with a database, multi formats output compliant and moreover
> opensource.
> I saw the validation flow in Lenya and find it pretty.
> So I would like to use Lenya to implement my workflow  but didn't find any
> information over the net talking about Lenya, cforms and database (in this
> way).

What do you have in mind here? Just some SQL statements or
a domain model with object-relational mapping?

The first one could be easily implemented by means of
Cocoon techniques (ESQL etc.).

For the latter, it could make sense to wait for the
repository integration in Lenya. Then, utilizing the
workflow will be very straightforward for your usecase.

-- Andreas