Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com> on 2009/05/01 18:09:46 UTC

Apache snapshot repository metadata incorrect.

Hi all,

The metadata served by nexus for http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/
is incorrect for the archetype plugin.

(https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/maven
/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/)

metadata contains lots of snapshot versions but only
2.0-alpha-5-SNAPSHOT is available.  (and hence running mvn
archetype:generate from the command line fails as it tries to get
12-SNAPSHOT

/James

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
-
<https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/maven
/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/maven-metadata.xml#>  <metadata
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/METADATA/1.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/metadata-1.0.0.xsd"
xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/METADATA/1.0.0"
  <artifactId>maven-archetype-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT</version>
-
<https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/maven
/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/maven-metadata.xml#>  <versioning>
  <latest>12-SNAPSHOT</latest>
  <release />
-
<https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/maven
/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/maven-metadata.xml#>  <versions>
  <version>2.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.0-alpha-5-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>0.3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.2.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.0-beta-9-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.0-beta-10-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.0.11-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.1.0-M2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.4.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>2.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>3.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>11-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <version>12-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </versions>
  <lastUpdated>20090417213533</lastUpdated>
  </versioning>
  </metadata>

This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only. Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and destroy the original message. Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored. NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free. Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

NDS Limited Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales Registered no. 3080780 VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00

Re: Apache snapshot repository metadata incorrect.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@infinity.nu>.
I will take a look shortly

--Brian (mobile)

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com>.
Thanks Brian.

/James

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Brian,

What about projects that are using Nexus for snapshots, but not for releases?
How do their snapshots get cleaned out?

For example, in CXF's snapshot area, I'm seeing snaps for  2.0.11, 2.1.5, 2.2,
and 2.2.1, all of which are now released.  (2.2 was released about 7 weeks
ago, the others just over a week ago)

How do those get cleaned out?

Dan

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Apache snapshot repository metadata incorrect.

Posted by BRIAN FOX <br...@infinity.nu>.