Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by steve cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2004/01/02 20:03:28 UTC

AIXFTPEntryParser

In looking over the source to AIXFTPEntryParser, I see the following comment,
apparently from the author, (bretts@bml.uk.com):

 * This class is based on UnixFTPEntryParser with some small changes, namely
 * the day and month fields being transposed.

I seriously must wonder if this is a distinction between AIX and Unix or
whether instead what we are looking at is not a locale-specific variation in
how dates are rendered.  Might there be unix ftp systems in European locales
that show the dates as dd-MM-yyyy and AIX systems in the US that use
MM-dd-yyyy?  If that is the case, then the naming of these classes is
problematical.