Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/28 23:39:49 UTC

Re: Multiple languages in same index?

This is a lucene-user list question, so I'm moving it there.

You could lump them all in the same index and like you say switch to
appropriate analyzer when indexing and searching.

You could take a peek into Lucene Sandbox (link on Lucene site) and use
Snowball stemmers from there.  Figuring out which language is being
used for searching, or which subset of the index to search would be up
to you though.

Otis