Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by "Nowal, Akshay" <Ak...@SYNTELINC.COM> on 2012/05/14 09:39:04 UTC

Re: Interpretation of co-efficients of features in Mahout logistic output

Thanks Ted for the early reply.

But what I m not understanding is "what is the significance of these
features?"

What do they relate to?

I have gone through logistic regression in "Mahout in Action" book ,I
know it is a very silly question but I m not clear what features are
here and how to interpret the co-efficients of these 69 features?

What are these 69 fetaures?

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay Nowal

>From Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>

Subject Re: Interpretation of co-efficients of features in Mahout
logistic output

Date Mon, 14 May 2012 05:53:03 GMT

See any text on logistic regression.  The results are essentially the
same.

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Nowal, Akshay

<Ak...@syntelinc.com>wrote:

> Hi,

> I have run logistic regression model with 69 features, 10 passes and

> learning rate of 2.

> In the output, after the co-efficient's of each independent variable
we