Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/06 11:22:00 UTC

Is it possible to host a custom geronimo jar??

Hi,
I am using geronimo-framework-2.1.3 distribution available from geronimo. I
am trying to build my own custom server around this framework. My first step
is to add tomcat-console plugin to my frmaework. I am using Windows Xp and I
run the following command from command prompt

*Administrator@T60J:/> deploy/list-plugins -r http://geronimo.apache.or
geronimo-2.1.3/ org.apache.geronimo.plugins/console-tomcat/2.1.3/car*

Checking for status every 1000ms:
Downloading org.apache.geronimo.plugins/console-tomcat/2.1.3/car (47%)
Downloading org.apache.geronimo.plugins/pluto-support/2.1.3/car
Downloading org.apache.pluto/pluto-portal-driver/1.1.6-G643117/jar
Installation FAILED: Could not find
org.apache.pluto/pluto-portal-driver/1.1.6-G643117/jar in any repo

list ended

Looking at
*http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.1.3/geronimo-plugins.xml
*suggests  that pluto requires this custom Geronimo jar

*<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.pluto</groupId>
<artifactId>pluto-portal-driver</artifactId>
<version>1.1.6-G643117</version>
<type>jar</type>
</dependency>*

However looking at the various source repositories

*<source-repository>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/</source-repository>
−
    <source-repository>
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/
</source-repository>
−
    <source-repository>
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/
</source-repository>

*I was unable to find the above jar in anyone of them. One which had a
portal-driver jar is
*http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/pluto/pluto-portal-driver/1.1.6/*but
versions do not match.

Is is possible to host these custom geronimo specific jars in any
repository?

thanks
Ashish

Re: Is it possible to host a custom geronimo jar??

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashish,

I didn't try your particular scenario, but I think this is the same
prob as the user reported here -
http://www.nabble.com/how-to-add-activemq-to-little-g--to19837127s134.html

I have made a change to trunk code base to resolve this - see

Please feel free to comment on the JIRA if you think it is necessary
to port the change to 2.1 code base.  Thanks

Lin

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Donald,

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.