Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN <v....@rd.francetelecom.com> on 2004/05/24 10:21:00 UTC

How can I remove line feed in my XML output

Hello,

I have a pipeline which produces XML output with Cocoon.
I would like to remove useless line feed in the output stream in order
to have a beautiful indented XML file. How is it possible ?

For instance, when I have  this :
<toto>

<titi>Hello World</titi>
</toto>

I would like to have this as output :
<toto>
  <titi>Hello World</titi>
</toto>

Thanks

Vincent

Re: How can I remove line feed in my XML output

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 24.05.2004 10:21, MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a pipeline which produces XML output with Cocoon.
> I would like to remove useless line feed in the output stream in order
> to have a beautiful indented XML file. How is it possible ?

I never saw it working for Xalan correctly though there is an option
indent for xsl:output and so Cocoon transformer setup. So you will
probably need your own formatting stylesheet for it. But I would not use
it for production systems, only for developing because of time consuming
calculation of indentation.

Joerg

Re: How can I remove line feed in my XML output

Posted by "Volkm@r" <pl...@arcor.de>.
MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a pipeline which produces XML output with Cocoon.
> I would like to remove useless line feed in the output stream in order
> to have a beautiful indented XML file. How is it possible ?
>
> For instance, when I have  this :
> <toto>
>
> <titi>Hello World</titi>
> </toto>