Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Peter Cogan <pe...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/04 16:50:04 UTC

Writing a sequence file

Hi,

I am trying to get my reducer to produce a sequence file using the command

job.setOutputFormatClass(SequenceFileOutputFormat.class);

However, I am getting an error in eclipse as follows:

The method setOutputFormatClass(Class<? extends OutputFormat>) in the type
Job is not applicable for the arguments (Class<SequenceFileOutputFormat>)

I'm really confused!

Any help much appreciated!

thanks

Peter

Re: Writing a sequence file

Posted by Peter Cogan <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bejoy,

ah yes that is exactly the mistake I was making, I had

import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileOutputFormat;

instead of

import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.SequenceFileOutputFormat;

Re: Writing a sequence file

Posted by Peter Cogan <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bejoy,

Re: Writing a sequence file

Posted by Peter Cogan <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bejoy,

Re: Writing a sequence file

Posted by Peter Cogan <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bejoy,

ah yes that is exactly the mistake I was making, I had

import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileOutputFormat;

instead of

import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.SequenceFileOutputFormat;

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM, <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
> Hi Peter
>
> Did you ensure that using SequenceFileOutputFormat from the right package?
>
> Based on the API you are using, mapred or mapreduce you need to use the
> OutputFormat from the corresponding package.
> Regards
> Bejoy KS
>
> Sent from remote device, Please excuse typos
> ------------------------------
> *From: * Peter Cogan <pe...@gmail.com>
> *Date: *Fri, 4 Jan 2013 15:50:04 +0000
> *To: *<us...@hadoop.apache.org>
> *ReplyTo: * user@hadoop.apache.org
> *Subject: *Writing a sequence file
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get my reducer to produce a sequence file using the command
>
> job.setOutputFormatClass(SequenceFileOutputFormat.class);
>

> However, I am getting an error in eclipse as follows:
>

> The method setOutputFormatClass(Class<? extends OutputFormat>) in the type
> Job is not applicable for the arguments (Class<SequenceFileOutputFormat>)
>

> I'm really confused!
>

> Any help much appreciated!
>

> thanks
>
> Peter