Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/24 11:47:17 UTC

Inactivity Monitor Duration

Hi,
I am using ActiveMQ v5.8.
I am little confused among 'maxInactivityDuration' and
'maxInactivityDurationInitalDelay' ?
What is the difference ?

Can you please let me know what happens in case of below scenario:
If I set maxInactivityDuration=0,  it disables "InactivityMonitor". Does it
also mean that it is not going to send "KeepAliveInfo" message on the
connection ? In this case what will happen to the connection if it is ideal
for a long time ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: Inactivity Monitor Duration

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 12/24/2013 05:47 AM, khandelwalanuj wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using ActiveMQ v5.8.
> I am little confused among 'maxInactivityDuration' and
> 'maxInactivityDurationInitalDelay' ?
> What is the difference ?
>

> Can you please let me know what happens in case of below scenario:
> If I set maxInactivityDuration=0,  it disables "InactivityMonitor". Does it
> also mean that it is not going to send "KeepAliveInfo" message on the
> connection ? In this case what will happen to the connection if it is ideal
> for a long time ?
>
> Thanks,
> Anuj

The initial delay is used to postpone the start of inactivity monitoring
in cases where you expect that the connection load will be high and you
don't want to add to it with additional processing that is added by
checking heart-beats.  If you disable the inactivity monitoring then the
keep alive commands aren't sent and the initial delay is ignored.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.