Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Aladar Nagy <a....@interton.de> on 2004/04/01 13:55:04 UTC

Import, timestamp

Hallo!
How can i import a new project (files) with the original timestamp?
Thanks
  AN

Re: Import, timestamp

Posted by Jan Hendrik <ja...@bigfoot.com>.
Concerning Re: Import, timestamp
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote on 1 Apr 2004, 10:27, at least in part:

> On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 07:55, Aladar Nagy wrote:
> > Hallo!
> > How can i import a new project (files) with the original timestamp?
>
> You can't.  Subversion doesn't preserve timestamps or permissions,
> other than 'executable').  However, you can make the working copy
> files always have the "last committed" timestamp by setting an option
> in your run-time config file.

Work around:

Just create your repository and import just your basic folder layout
(e.g. /trunk, /branches/, /tags) and check it out to a working copy.
Now copy all your files into that working copy and add/commit.
That's how I did it with a web site project for I needed to have the
dates preserved because of the upload routine.

Jan hendrik

Freedom quote:

     Another current catch-phrase is the complaint
     that the nations of the world are divided
     into 'haves' and the 'have-nots.'
     Observe that the 'haves' are those who have freedom,
     and that it is freedom that the 'have-nots' have not.
                -- Ayn Rand

Re: Import, timestamp

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.