Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Stefan Fußenegger <st...@gmx.at> on 2007/11/06 17:27:58 UTC

Patch: Multiple tags on a single base page?

It's my first post here, so I don't know whether I am doing right here, but

I want to post this patch that was inspired by this discussion:
http://www.nabble.com/Multiple-%3Cwicket%3Achild--%3E-tags-on-a-single-base-page--tf

I added two new tags called <wicket:abstract> and <wicket:implement>. They
can be used similar to <wicket:child> and <wicket:extend> but with an
additional (optional) attribute id. In fact, the submitted patch uses child
and extend as aliases for abstract and implement respectively.

The patch currently disables the old Markup merging completely
(MergedMarkup.java). However, this is easy to change in
InheritedMarkupMarkupLoader.java by commenting in the code in
checkForMarkupInheritance(...) in order to use the old implementation for
child/extend and the new code for abstract/implement.

I also added a new JUnit Test that demonstrates the new feature:
MarkupInheritance*_13.(html|java) (btw: all other test cases in
MarkupInheritanceTest.java work with the new and old implementation)

Please have a look and tell me what you think.

The patch:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13610283/wicket-abstract-implement.patch
wicket-abstract-implement.patch

-----
-------
Stefan Fußenegger
http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com // looking for a nicer domain ;)

Re: Patch: Multiple tags on a single base page?

Posted by Stefan Fußenegger <st...@gmx.at>.

-- stefan

-----
-------