Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Srinivas Rao <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/23 13:56:50 UTC

How to find the position in word document using HWPF

Hi Friends,

Thank you for helping regularly. I am using POI in my application .I am able to read/write the data from Word Document.And also using the Templates(ie Word Document formats) in my application......

Now my problem is ....I need to create a template in word and then fill the document at run time.And i will insert the Pre-arguments at run time at a particular position.But i am not able to get the particular position in the Word Document.

Please help me How to find the particular position in the word document???

Thank you for your help.

Srinivas

How to determine the position in word document using HWPF

Posted by Srinivas <sr...@yahoo.com>.

Hi Friends,

Thank you for helping regularly. I am using POI in my application .I am able to read/write the data from Word Document.And also using the Templates(ie Word Document formats) in my application......

Now my problem is ....I need to create a template in word and then fill the document at run time.And i will insert the Pre-defined arguments at run time at a particular position(top left,top right and bottom right positions).But i am not able to get the particular position in the Word Document.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Copying contents from one sheet to other ?

Posted by Clint Brubakken <ca...@cssgroup.com>.
The only way I found to do it was to copy each individual cell, and cell
style. I did write a code that copied from one sheet to the other.

If anyone is interested in it I can look into submiting it to the  poi.
project.