Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Julien Plu <ju...@redaction-developpez.com> on 2014/02/16 00:51:39 UTC

Bug with rdfcopy for Turtle format

Hi,

For some tests with for the freebase Turtle I used rdfcopy to see more
things for the encoding and I think that I'm fallen on a little bug :

./rdfcopy.bat ./test.nt N-TRIPLE TURTLE
Unhandled exception:
    org.apache.jena.iri.impl.IRIImplException: <./test.nt> Code:
57/REQUIRED_COMPONENT_MISSING in SCHEME: A component that is required by
the scheme is missing.

And doesn't matter the "inlang" format if I want to translate it in Turtle
I have this exception even with a really simple triple like :

<http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Actor> <
http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#subClassOf> <
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person> .

Is-it really a bug or did I used the tool wrongly ?

Best.

Julien.

Re: Bug with rdfcopy for Turtle format

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 16/02/14 12:32, Julien Plu wrote:
> | version? Seems to work for me but I'm using Linux and file name
> conversion is necessarily different
>
> Personnaly I tested my use case on Linux Unbuntu 10.04 and 12.04 and
> Windows 8.1 with Jena 2.11.1

OK - it seems to depend on whether new-style or old-style write code is
used.  There's a bug in the new-style writer code in a route via rdfcopy.

I've raised a JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-643

(things are less likely to get lost in JIRA, users@ email not being good
as a permanent record of bugs).