Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/05/01 16:17:30 UTC

Re: After AOO 3.4?

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm already starting to get questions on what we'll be doing after AOO
> 3.4 is released.  Based on previous conversations on this list, I'm
> able to speak confidently about a few things:
>
> 1) We'll probably graduate to a Top Level Project
>
> 2) IBM says they will contribute Symphony source code after 3.4 is released
>
> 3) We have some initial feature ideas for AOO 4.0 on the wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Feature+Planning
>
> 4) We also have some ideas listed for an AOO 4.1:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Feature+Planning
>
> Beyond that, do we have anything to say?
>
> I've heard some discussions that we might want an AOO 3.4.1, which would:
>
> A) Add some additional translations
>
> B) Fix any important bugs that are found in AOO 3.4
>
> C) Uncertain if it would have new features?

OK.  I've added a page to the wiki for AOO 3.4.1 tasks:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Feature+Planning

So far I only have the Finnish translation on the list.  But feel free
to add any other must-have items for this maintenance release.  Maybe
some BZ issues that we should fix?   Other translations that will be
ready soon?

I'm suggesting a July release timeframe.  I don't think we can do it
much sooner.   We could take longer, of course, but I think we want to
establish a healthy heartbeat for the project of a release-per-quarter
or similar.   This is good for the project as well as the users.

-Rob