Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Chen, Gin" <Gi...@NielsenMedia.com> on 2003/03/04 16:39:48 UTC

Proper way to Link

Hi all,
   I have two action classes that used to handle separate forms that I want
to merge into one.
Rather than delete one of the action classes I will just have the mappings
for it go from the previous file to it.
   So I have dummy handlers in the first file that does a return new
ActionForward("/blah.do"); to get to the second action.
Just out of curiousity. Is this the proper way to "link" actions? Is there a
better way? I'm sure alot of people do this just to break up larger actions
to make it more managable but I can't find any references for this on the
Struts site and via Google ("Linking Struts Actions")
Thanks.
-Tim

Re: Proper way to Link

Posted by Jacky Kimmel <rj...@yahoo.com>.
I did a similiar thing as you.  In the first action I created HashMaps that held the appropriate parameters from  the form.  I then stored these in the Request as a session attribute and forwarded from one action to the next.
 Sloan Seaman <sl...@sgi.net> wrote:You can do action chaining such as with the Struts Chaining project.

I wrote my own version .... it isn't that hard...

Re: Proper way to Link

Posted by Jacky Kimmel <rj...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Proper way to Link

Posted by Jacky Kimmel <rj...@yahoo.com>.