Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Noor Dawod <no...@comrax.com> on 2002/03/03 23:11:43 UTC

Apache 1.3.23 + mod_ssl dies on server-status

Hello,

I've just built recent Apache 1.3.23, mod_ssl 2.8.7 and PHP 4.1.2. Pretty
much all brand new.
I've noticed that Apache dies on me with many segmentation faults when:

1) I request to get the server-status page
2) I fetch a page using the HTTPS protocol

This was noticed on instances of Apache with and without SSL support (start
and startssl). The error log contains lines like this:

[notice] child pid XXXXX exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

There are lots of them when either of the above two conditions are met. One
more thing, this has never happened to me before with any version of Apacge,
mod_ssl and PHP. Server's OS is also brand new FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE from two
weeks.

Anyone can help diagnose this and possibly fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Noor