Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Robinton <mi...@bizsystems.com> on 2002/08/28 22:05:44 UTC

odd authetication situation

I have a modperl handler that sets a cookie and does a redirect if the
cookie was not present. The redirected page eventually loads the same page
again. In addition, this page is called from a protected portion of the
site that requires Basic Auth.

When the redirect calls the mod_perl routine the second or "some"
subsequent times, $r->connection->user and $ENV{REMOTE_USER} are both
empty or non-existent yet the page does not appear to fail the
authentication request and executes and returns html.

The failure is repeatable though not consistently so, maybe 70% or more.

I'm scratching my head on this one. Any ideas??

Michael

Re: odd authetication situation

Posted by Peter Bi <mo...@att.net>.
Maybe you can try to add specifically:
$r->connection->user('who_the_user_is') before the cookie access control
returns OK in the module. Note that some of the cookie authentication
modules are based on "access-only" control so $r->connection->user() can
return a value in late phases only if one assigns it at the first place.

Peter Bi