Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jay alvarez <qm...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/28 06:00:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Anyone here who have auth_ldap worked in apache-1.3.34

Hi,

Have you made auth_ldap worked with apache-1.3.34??
May I see your httpd.conf directives? Also the source
tarballs of auth_ldap just in case you've applied some
patch.. Because until now I haven't made it to work.
Hope you can help me..

Thanks..

Re: [users@httpd] Apache-1.3.34 + openldap authentication... anyone who has a working setup? (RE: auth_ldap worked in apache-1.3.34)

Posted by Ricardo Stella <st...@rider.edu>.
jay alvarez wrote:

> */Ricardo Stella <st...@rider.edu>/* wrote:
>

>     AFAIK, there are several implementations of auth_ldap. Which one are
>     you referring to ?
>
>     --
>
> I'm talking about the implementation found here:
> http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/
>
> Anyway, if you know any other implementation that works flawlessly
> with apache1.3.34, please tell me... I'm desperate...

Do you have the module compiled and installed or need help there ?
There's a mailing list and archives available.  I've been using it with
the Netscape 4.x SDKs in Solaris SPARC, and with OpenLDAP under Solaris x86.

It's then as simple as adding:

AuthName "LDAP Authenticated area"
AuthType Basic
AuthLDAPURL ldap://site.domain:389/o=mybasedn?uid?sub?
require valid-user

There's also Muquit's version at www.muquit.com

--

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

Posted by jay alvarez <qm...@yahoo.com>.

Ricardo Stella <st...@rider.edu> wrote:
 AFAIK, there are several implementations of auth_ldap.  Which one are
you referring to ?

--
I'm talking about the implementation found here: http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/

 Anyway, if you know any other implementation that works flawlessly with apache1.3.34, please tell me... I'm desperate...

 thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Anyone here who have auth_ldap worked in apache-1.3.34

Posted by Ricardo Stella <st...@rider.edu>.