Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Paul Winder <pw...@arbortext.com> on 2001/03/20 21:21:02 UTC

UNC names

Hi,

I'm running Xalan 2.0.1 (with Xerces 1.3) on NT 4.0.

I'm having trouble using a stylesheet whose base path is a UNC name (we'll
say \\myserver\stylesheets\sample.xsl).
Xalan accepts the stylesheet itself, but chokes on the includes:

       javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: File
"file:///E:/atixt///myserver/stylesheets/includes/includedfile.xsl" not found.

E:\atixt is the directory containing the xml source and html result files.
The includes are specified  using relative paths.

It appears that the UNC name is not recognized as an absolute path.

The same code has no problem if I use a mapped drive to specify the
stylesheet (like x:\stylesheets\sample.xsl).

Is this a bug in Xerces/Xalan, or should I be doing something
different?  If a bug, is there a workaround that doesn't involve modifying
or moving the stylesheet file, or mapping a drive?

Please reply directly, as I am no longer subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
Paul Winder
Arbortext

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the full stacktrace for my actual case:

FATAL XSLT PROCESSING ERROR: File "file:///E:/atixt///mukulungu/blb
std/epic/stylesheets/xsldocbook10/html/docbook.xsl"
not found.
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: File
"file:///E:/atixt///mukulungu/blb
std/epic/stylesheets/xsldocbook10/html/docbook.xsl" not found.
	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:852)
	at com.arbortext.compose.ATIComposer.finishConstructor(ATIComposer.java:134)
	at com.arbortext.compose.ATIComposer.<init>(ATIComposer.java:95)
---------
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File "file:///E:/atixt///mukulungu/blb
std/epic/stylesheets/xsldocbook10/html/docbook.xsl" not found.
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1066)
	at
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromDocument(DefaultEntityHandler.java:512)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parseSomeSetup(XMLParser.java:309)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:951)
	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.ProcessorInclude.parse(ProcessorInclude.java:303)
	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.ProcessorInclude.startElement(ProcessorInclude.java:189)
	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.StylesheetHandler.startElement(StylesheetHandler.java:634)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1376)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidator.java:965)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1858)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1234)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:952)
	at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:844)

Re: unsubscribe -- READ THIS FOR HELP!

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
The key here is that noone is going to unsubscribe you manually;
you have to use the automated system. Please read the posting by
Stanislav Turzhavskiy in this thread for instructions.

A possible reason for the normal unsubscribe method not working
is if your email address has changed (someone correct me if I'm
wrong here). In other words, even if it's the same to you, if
it's changed from "joe@host.com" to "joe@mail.host.com" (perhaps
by your ISP?) then it won't match your name. But there is a way
to unsubscribe even if this has changed. Again, the instructions
are included in the posting by Stanislav.

Posted by Tan Abigail <ab...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry to post this but I have tried so many times to
unsubscribe and I am still getting messages from
apache.org

Please unsubscribe me

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/