Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Remi Fasol <re...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/10 21:58:24 UTC

disabling session manager

hello.

i would like to disable the session manager for
non-webbrowser user agents. i have implemented the
code as shown in the faq but after 24 hours, sessions
were not being activated for web browsers as well.

is this because the httpd process, after having seen a
non-webbrowser user agent, persists with
'AllowSessionState' in an 'Off' state?

if so, should the example InitHandler code reactivate
'AllowSessionState'? (or perhaps some other handler?)

thanks,
remi.

Re: disabling session manager

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Remi Fasol wrote:
> hello.
>
> i would like to disable the session manager for
> non-webbrowser user agents. i have implemented the
> code as shown in the faq but after 24 hours, sessions
> were not being activated for web browsers as well.

That's not good.

> is this because the httpd process, after having seen a
> non-webbrowser user agent, persists with
> 'AllowSessionState' in an 'Off' state?
>
> if so, should the example InitHandler code reactivate
> 'AllowSessionState'? (or perhaps some other handler?)

The init handler code should run each time after the PerlSetVar
does its thing.  I am not sure what would be inconsistent
about it other than maybe its too early in the request stage.
Maybe if you tried it as a PerlFixupHandler instead, it would
work better?  Worth a shot at least.

Regards,

Josh