Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com> on 2007/11/20 16:43:42 UTC

Solr cluster topology.

Hi All!

I just started reading about Solr a couple of days ago (not full time
of course) and it looks like a pretty impressive set of
technologies... I have still a few questions I have not clearly found:

Q: On a cluster, as I understand it, one and only one machine is a
master, and N servers could be slaves...    The clients, do they all
talk to the master for indexing and to a load balancer for
searching?   Is one particular machine configured to know it is the
master? Or is it only the settings for replicating the index that
matter?   Or does one post reindex petitions to any of the slaves and
they will forward it to the master?

How can we have failover in the master?

It is a correct assumption that slaves could always be a bit out of
sync with the master, correct? A matter of minutes perhaps...

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Re: Solr cluster topology.

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com>.
Thanks a lot for your responses! They were all very helpful!

Re: Solr cluster topology.

Posted by Norberto Meijome <fr...@meijome.net>.

Re: Solr cluster topology.

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com>.